Get a statement look with stylish luxury handbags that complete your ensemble and also help you carry belongings easily. Handbags are a noticeable accessory so before narrowing on a particular brand, carefully think of its functionality and symbolic appeal.
To pick an appropriate handbag, take a look at some aspects that will help you make the right choice:
- Variation: Offered in terms of color, size, shape, purpose and price range.
- Stylish appeal: Depending on the setting, sophisticated leather bags for parties, casual bags for informal gatherings are preferred.
- Ease of usage: Lightweight, inner padding and comfortable straps are important aspects to consider.
- Design: Expansive pockets and multiple zips to store all essentials is an important characteristic of the handbag design.
- Material: In addition to leather and suede, designer handbags are made from velvet, pure cotton, faux leather, linen, polyester etc. Some fabrics are susceptible to dust and microbial attack, while others are resistant to water and moisture.
- Quality and durability: expert craftsmanship, seams, inner lining contribute to the quality and durability of the handbag.
- Straps and other embellishments: Based on the length of the strap, you can carry a bag sideways or crossbody. Comfortable straps, decorative pockets, metallic chains add to the visual appeal.
- Eco-friendliness: Manufacturing handbags from authentic natural fabrics ensure no chemicals and pollutants are released into the environment.
Comparative traits of Vera Bradley and Coach
|Categories available||Handbags, backpacks, purses, totes, crossbody bags, totes and more||Signature totes, sling bags, shoulder bags, crossbodies, satchel, designer bags etc.|
|Featured styles||Vibrant designs, exclusive patterns, quilted designs, classical prints||Floral designs, saddle styles, custom jacquard, designer collaborations, leather mixes|
|Embellishments||Perfectly placed pockets, convertible and adjustable straps, outer zip, inner slips, luxury chain, drawstrings||Bag charms, flower trinkets, keychain outlets, hanging tassels, key loops|
|Material used||Signature cotton, quilted, smooth material, water-resistant fabric used||Woven canvas coated with wax and resin, high-end leather and satin interior used|
|Durability||Lightweight, strong, including ecofriendly series||Sturdy bags|
|Signature symbol||Brand name and logo||Traditional ‘C’ logo pattern|
|Customization||Add colors, patterns, unique details||Change leather strap, add tie-on scarf and bag charm|
|Other physical attributes||Pockets, slips and added compartments||Thick leather, smooth soft pores, overlapping stitches|
Better Buy: Vera Bradley vs. Coach
Here are more details about Vera Bradley and Coach handbags:
Founded by Barbara Bradley Baekgaard and Patricia R. Miller in 1982, headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States; Vera Bradley now operates in 154 locations (full line and factory stores). Their mission is to empower women and the association prides themselves on beautiful values like community, ingenuity, empathy, thoughtfulness, kindness, optimism etc.
Known for: Vera Bradley bags and campus backpacks are best for daily commute, weekend trips, lined with several pockets for easy organization makes it a functional pick.
- Extensive range of products perfect for every season
- Special theme park editions and Disney collection for enthusiasts
Bestsellers: Perennial styles, hands-free hipster crossbodies, totes, zip ID case and weekender travel bag made from recycled cotton, performance twill backpack for college students (also made from microfiber and sustainable materials).
- Budget purses and wallets available
- Soft and durable interior, sturdy exterior
- Strong zippers in luxurious spinner suitcases
- Quick replacement, without paying extra charges
- Bag can be washed easily (although rarely gets dirty)
- No change in bag structure and color even after washing and overuse
- Seldom delay in online (website) orders
- Newer styled pockets seem a little fragile after overuse
- Poor customer support experienced by few customers
Vision: to establish Vera Bradley as a universal lifestyle brand and expand customer network by establishing new connections.
Slogan: ‘VB cares’ – works to enhance lives of girls and women through various campaigns and fundraisers.
Business strategy: expertise in generating innovative revenue stream by entering diverse new markets and creating dependable distribution network.
- 25% discount on tote and shoulder bags
- Free personalization on full-priced collection
- Sign up for emails to get 30% off on sale purchases with free shipping
Originally instituted by Lilian and Miles Cahn in 1941, Coach New York currently operates in 986 locations and is now managed by Stuart Vevers from 2014. The brand specifically focuses on leather goods like handbags, travel accessories, wristwatches, footwear, jewelry, eyewear and ready-to-wear essentials.
Known for: novel leather products, modern design, quality craftsmanship, supple leather, elite products accentuating tradition with an objective to build social recognition.
- Zippered coin slot and additional hidden compartment
- Merchandise symbolizes core of New York fashion
Bestsellers: Hitch backpack, signature jacquard bucket hat, continental wallet, backpack with flap, soft shoulder bag, cardigan, print backstrap stole, card case, denim coat, recycled polyester sherpa jacket and more.
- Timeless color combinations complementing all outfits
- Affordable pick among designer luxury handbag brands
- Handcrafted rose metal pins featuring brand themes
- Convenient and functional with practical closures
- Unique interior with credit card slot pockets
- Good selection of shoes and sunglasses
- Customer support is not fast enough
- No returns on website purchases
- Difficult to track online orders
Vision: to become a brand that defines modern luxury.
Motto: make lightweight, simple, strong and inexpensive bags.
Business strategy: Focus on product invention and increasing brand significance, enhancing value across multiple channels using new marketing initiatives, good coverage of geographical area.
- More than 30% discount on bags
- 40% to 50% off on accessories and other sitewide products
- Sign up to join ‘Coach Insider’ for exclusive rewards and perks
Vera Bradley vs. Coach – What’s your pick?
While choosing the most appropriate handbag for you, consider the usage, outfit, size, color and shape that best suits you. Also look at physical features like bag material, design, durability and embellishments you prefer.
Based on your needs, buy any handbag that fits your budget and make use of online deals to redeem savings on all purchases. You can also join loyalty programs to claim rewards on all online orders.
For more information and updates about new arrivals, register on the brand website.